Friday, September 30, 2016
Culinary Review: Tteokbokki and Jajangmyeon
So meanwhile when my sister came to Jakarta, she really wants to eat Tteokbokki and jajangmyeon Korean food. Because if we trying it out in a Korean restaurant itself, we somehow lil bit cautious about the halal status, so we decided to buy from the online shop selling halal Korean food products. The Tteokbokki made by the seller herself anyway. My sister and I bought a package that contains tteokbokki, oden, dumpling and jajanmyeon.
Indeed, as a fan of Korean dramas, Tteokbokki looked awful and spicy with color. But when it already being cooked hemm ... turned out not match with our expectation. I expect tteokbokki is similar with cilok (aci dicolok) in Korean snacks style, it's kind of lil bit tasty anyway... and there's odeng that made from tofu and we mixed it well.
Actually it quite delicious, but seriously it doesn't fit well in East Java tongue like mine who is obsessed with chili and all things spicy. Although it looks spicy, but tteokbokki has sweet sauce as topping.
Ah if I know about that I will only boiled partially of it and the leftovers will continuously dipped in special sauce of Surabaya made by Bu Rudi (Mrs. Rudi)/
So it's about how much our pay for the experience. Fuhh.
The taste of odeng which made from tofu is also awful in fact, and that dumpling too.
But surprisingly the Jajangmyeonnya was soo tasty and delicious. Jajangmyeon is black noodles with soy sauce. Seriously delicious ... but - again - it not as spicy as I expected. Heheh * brb put more sambal for topping*
It was difficult for me and my sister who the big fans of spicy and indonesian tasty food even we adore korean dramas and it look like soo tasty when we watched the drama heheh. Without sambel-or spicy sauce that much or instant noodle, I thought having to stay some time in Korea will be lovely. But not for so long time ofcourse.
Thursday, September 29, 2016
How to Clean Up Your Gas-Stove by Yourself
pic source: Sunlight
As a user and owner of a gas stove, it is important to scheduling clean-up activities of the gas stove. Moreover, if the gas stove that we use is gas-type induction cooker, spills cooked food at its surface would interfere appearance of the kitchen and our kitchen will look dirty and messy.
Clean stove that we use is very important to maintain the cleanliness of food we cook so the leftovers do not stick and kept near the stove in addition to hygiene and prolong the lifetime of the gas stove. How to clean a gas stove if we want to do it ourselves? Follow these simple tips.
How to Clean Gas-Stove by Yourself
# 1 Make sure the appliance is switched off and not in use
It's important to ensure that the stove that we want to clean up was being switched off. If we just use the stove to cook, then turn off the heat and let the stove slowly lower the temperature until completely in normal temperature. We need to do this procedure to keep us out of danger while cleaning the stove.
# 2 Use dish soap
To clean the stove with anything ready to use in our kitchen, then use dishwashing soap. It would be better if the dish soap that we use is Sunlight Double Power for thorough deep cleaning the oil stains and grease attached to the stove. Why? It because the gel concentrates are able to clean grease and oil stains more numerous and effective. If our gas stoves is induction type, do not use too much water for clean it. Take a regular bowl and mix water to dissolve Sunlight and set aside.
# 3 Clean the stove using a sponge
To clean a gas stove using Sunlight is actually very easy and anyone can do it if they already know how easy to clean by themselves. Before you start cleaning using sunlight, wipe the stove using a dry sponge so the crumbs leftovers will be eliminated. Then soak the sponge into a mix of water with Sunlight in a bowl and squeeze it until foamy. The sponge will clean up grease and fat from the entire gas stove until completely clean.
# 4 Rinse
Rinse the gas stove by soaking a dry sponge or a dry cloth in warm water and then clean the entire of the stove from soap.
# 5 Let it dry
Dry the gas stove by wiping the entire stove with a soft dry cloth and then leave it for 1-2 hours until completely dry and voila! Your stove have been ready for use again.
So what do you think? Very easy, isn't it?
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
How To Take Care Your Kitchen Tools
- In order long-lasting wood cutting boards and free from residual pieces of vegetable / meat, apply a few drops of oil.
- To prevent your new kitchen tool which made from wood free from the smell of some food, soak overnight with mixed water and white vinegar before use .
- Food filter which made of metal will dry quickly in a way heating it in the oven for 2 minutes. Use gloves to pick it up.
- Blunt kitchen scissors can be sharp again if we use it to cut the sandpaper.
- Boil water that has been spiked with vinegar in a new frying pan before use. This prevents the food becoming sticky when fried.
- To check the scales are accurate or not, weigh some of types of goods which have certain weight. Select the items that have been packed such as margarine, cheese, and more. Because in the packaging legibly the net weight of the goods.
- To lean tableware made of plastic, soaking in water mixed with baking soda for 10 minutes. After that, rinse with clean water.
- To clean kitchen tools made from aluminum has turned black, boil some liters of water, mixed with 2 tablespoons cream of tartar. Boil for 10 minutes and then scrub.
- Sprinkle flour over spill oil or fat and then scrub. Oil or fat will be easily separated and removable. Flour can seep an oil and also prevent the spread to other places. But remember, do not try to cleaning it with a paper towel or cloth.
- To clean up the grater after grating, simply grate the raw potato. All the cheese is left in the holes of grater will carry over.
- To clean stained kitchen tools which made from plastic, soak in one bucket of warm water mixed with 1 small bowl of bleach. Leave for 20 minutes, after that take and wash clean. For finishing, wash as usual using dish-washing soap and warm water.
Sunday, September 4, 2016
Recipe: How to Cook Indonesian Oxtail Soup
One of soup dishes that are very popular in Indonesia is oxtail soup. This soup was one of indonesian food that adore by many people. Savory broth with oxtail meat were delicious certainly for your family tastes.
Oxtail soup were so popular even one brand of instant noodle made a series of their products adopting the taste of oxtail soup.
½ kg oxtail, boiled until tender, remove the dirty water
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 red onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 leaves of orange, ripped rough
1 leek, tied
2 stalks celery, tied
1 cinnamon stick, crushed
½ nutmeg, crushed
1 large carrot, cut as you want
1 potato, cut as you want
1.5 liters of water
Salt, sugar and pepper as much as you like
HOW TO COOK:
Saute canola oil, onion, garlic, lime leaves, leeks, celery, cinnamon, and nutmeg until fragrant.
Add oxtail, salt, sugar, pepper, and mix well. Set aside.
Boil water, and added the bouillon powder then mix and stir
Insert pieces of carrots and potatoes into boiling water and cook for 15 minutes until cooked.
Enter oxtail stir into the broth, cook until done.
Serve with chunks of fresh tomatoes and other ingredients.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)